The standard in control
The ESX from Sensor-Technik Wiedemann is a rugged standardized controller proven in hundreds of mobile applications. Designed for harsh environments, it is freely programmable (in visual programming using IEC 1131-3 graphical interface or in C). Proportional valves are driven directly, saving expensive driver and/or controller boards.
The ESX contains advanced measures for EMC and a robust housing for all automobile environments as well as an ingenious grounding scheme to provide a separate analog ground for sensors.
All inputs and outputs contain internal diagnostics, with protection against voltage overload and protection against short circuiting to ground or to supply voltage. An integrated safety relay provides a master switch off to all outputs in the event of any failures. The ESX is also available in a variant that is TÜV certified for safety relevant applications (safety integrity level 2).
- Processor: C167 (20 MHz or 40 MHz)
- Flash size: 512 KiB, optional 1 MiB
- RAM size: 256 KiB, optional 1 MiB
- FRAM / EEPROM size: 8 KB
- Power supply: 9 V to 32 V
- CAN interface lines: 1 or 2 CAN (11-bit and/or 29-bit CAN-IDs)
- Environmental rating: IP65-protection, IP67 optional
- Serial line: EIA-232 (RS-232) line with programmable bit-rate
- Sensor supply voltage: 8,5 V stabilized voltage supply to 1 A. Other voltages available.
- High-side digital or PWM outputs: 8 × 4,0 A and 4 × 2,5 A PWM outputs. The first five outputs have independently programmed frequencies.
- Analog inputs: 8 × 0 V to 8,5 V or 0 mA to 20 mA inputs
- Digital inputs: 16 digital or frequency inputs
- Temperature rating: −40 °C to +85 °C (−40 °F to +185 °F)
It is possible to add two additional babyboards, each with six inputs/outputs. So twelve inputs and outputs are customizable and can be configured to create an optimal matching controller for any kind of application.