Large capability in a small package
The ESX-IOXp electronic control unit from Sensor-Technik Wiedemann is designed, like all other modules of the ESX family, for mobile applications. The ESX-IOXp is a fully-fledged freely programmable control unit with two independent CAN interfaces and an additional EIA-232 (RS-232) interface. Programming takes place in the widely accepted Codesys development environment from 3S-Smart Software Solutions in accordance with the international programming standard IEC 61131-3. This makes possible an easy and efficient familiarization and exceedingly simple and fast realization of control functions.
The ESX-IOXp control unit offers a large number of inputs and outputs inexpensively, and is protected against over-voltage and reversed polarity.
Up to 26 I/Os can be realized from the following:
- Up to 26 digital inputs
- Up to 6 RPM inputs
- Up to 6 voltage inputs (0 V to 10 V)
- Up to 4 voltage inputs (0 V to 32 V)
- Up to 8 analog inputs (4 mA to 20 mA)
- Up to 4 PWM outputs (3 A)
- Up to 8 digital outputs (4 A)
- Up to 4 low-side digital outputs(4 A)
- 1 × 10 V/5 V constant voltage output for sensor supply
The maximum total output current is 11 A.
The ESX-IOXp is in a plastic housing, that fulfils the requirements of IP67 and IP69K. The housing is approximately 134 mm × 117 mm × 36 mm.