DICO 708-EX: CAN, Ethernet and much more
DICO708-EX, DICO508-EX, DICO908-EX and Bridge-EX by System Electronics are powerful CPU's that can be interfaced to a supervisor PC through TCP/IP or web-server protocols and can manage remote I/O modules connected to two CAN-networks (or other serial links).
They allow implementation of advanced supervision and control architectures with no need of PC-based devices, yielding obvious advantages in terms of reliability and management.
Programming can be done using standard C/C++ (i. e. Paradigm C/C++); libraries containing a realtime multitasking executive, full TCP/IP stack, device drivers for serial links and CAN ports are available.
Application Software can be downloaded to DICO-EX boards through either RS-232 or CAN or Ethernet (using BOOTP, too).
- Micro-processor DSTni-EX 120 MHz x86 compatible
- 2 10/100 Mbit/s Ethernet ports
- 2 full CAN interfaces for 11/29-bit CAN-ID
- 1 EIA-232 (RS-232) interface
- 2 EIA-232/422/485 (RS-232/422/485) interfaces
- 1 expansion slot for DICO serial interfaces
- I/O expansion connector
- Fast RAM memory up to 4 MiB
- Battery-sustained RAM memory up to 2 MiB
- Flash memory up to 4 MiB
- EEPROM memory 2 × 1 KiB
- Power supply 24 VDC, 1 A
- Clock calendar
- C language programming
- Operating temperature 0 °C to +60 °C
- Dimensions: 190 mm × 76 mm × 30 mm (DICO708-EX)
- Assembly on bar DIN EN 50035